Tuesday 16 October 2012

My manuscript, Francesca My Love lands in the TOP 28 out of over 700 entries in Harlequin's So You Think You Can Write Contest


WE MADE IT!!  

Out of almost 800 entries, my manuscript "Francesca My Love" was selected to be one of the 28 finalists in HARLEQUIN's So You Think You Can Write Contest 2012.  

I just wanted to take the time to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who supported me with votes, the passing on of my link and some really kind word and comments. 

As well, thank you for allowing me to e-mail each and every one of you who were on my list, I think you are all absolutely brilliant and I know I got into the top 28 because of you.

As an FYI - in the next step, the Harlequin/Mills & Boon editors will be reading all 28 manuscripts and on/around November 5th, they will contact the top 3 finalists who will move on to a second round of public voting - I will let you know if it comes to that.

They will also be featuring my 'entire' manuscript (I think it will be on in its entirety) on the site during their review phase if you'd like to have a look. BUT, please note, it is a rough draft and edited to the best of my abilities. I have 4 days to try to tweeze out any pacing issues, grammatical errors, spelling errors, etc. so don't hold it against me when you find something.....it's going to be really difficult to get through 85,000 words with a fine tooth come - let me tell you.

Once again, you can't begin to know what your support has meant to me during this process.

Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment